Additional Trading Features
Explore select trading features at Schwab, including alerts, watchlists, market data, and cost basis.
Learn about cost basis and realized gain/loss at Schwab.
Get more details
Managing alerts, watchlists, and market data at Schwab is easy.
Here's what you need to know:
- thinkorswim® users: Your alerts are moving to Schwab and will remain fully accessible.
- TD Ameritrade web and mobile users: You'll need to set new alerts after the account move.
How to establish alert settings on international Schwab.com.
1. After you log in, navigate to the Profile icon > Alert Settings.
2. To make sure you receive alerts, confirm your email address and phone number.
3. Select how you want to receive alerts regarding your portfolio.
4. Select how you want to receive alerts for profile changes or when deposits and transfers occur.
How to set alerts on the Schwab website.
1. After you log in, navigate to the Profile icon > Alerts.
2. Choose from a wide range of portfolio, research, and securities alerts.
How to establish alert settings on the Schwab Mobile app.
1. Log in and, from the Summary screen, tap on the Profile icon.
2. From the Profile menu, select Alert Settings.
3. On this screen you can explore and update your alert settings.
Great news—watchlists will be moving to Schwab. If you use watchlists in the TD Ameritrade Mobile app, be aware that watchlists that are saved locally on your mobile device will not move to Schwab. Only watchlists that are saved in the app itself will move.
In addition, please be aware that once you are at Schwab, watchlists will not sync between thinkorswim® and Schwab.com or Schwab Mobile. Any change to one requires a manual update to the other in order to keep watchlists aligned.
How to create and edit watchlists on the Schwab website.
1. After you log in, navigate to Research > Watchlist.
2. Look for the Manage watchlists dropdown menu for easy access.
3. From here, it's easy to create, edit, and delete watchlists.
Schwab provides real-time streaming quotes free of charge to nonprofessional clients. Here's what else you can expect.
- There will be no market data changes for traders using the thinkorswim suite of platforms.
- Nasdaq TotalView (Level 2) quotes are available on thinkorswim, which will be available at Schwab later in 2023.
- You'll receive quotes from the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) for Canadian equities on Schwab.com; thinkorswim users will receive OTC quotes for Canadian equities.