Your smooth transition to Schwab is our top priority.
Dear TD Ameritrade clients,
On May 10, you'll be moving from TD Ameritrade to Schwab. I made a similar move a few years ago when I joined Schwab to help lead this client transition. Before that, I spent 20-plus years at TD Ameritrade, where I held leadership roles across Business and Technology teams and led the thinkorswim® integration and rollout. My own accounts have moved to Schwab, and I know how important it is for your money to move over correctly and for your investing and trading to continue seamlessly. My team and I stand at the ready to make that happen for you.
Your account(s) will move automatically, securely, and efficiently.
The transition of client accounts has been meticulously designed to help avoid investing or trading disruptions.
- Your move will happen over a weekend so you won't miss any market hours. Futures and forex trading will start Sunday, May 12, at 5 p.m. ET. All other trading will be available Monday, May 13, at 5 a.m. ET.
- You'll have continued access to thinkorswim desktop, mobile, and web. Your thinkorswim settings and alerts will move over automatically, too.
- Your open orders (except trade triggers) will move over, as will your cost basis, margin feature, and approvals to trade options, futures, and forex.
- Your specialized service teams will move with your account, as will your Financial Consultant if you have one.
- You'll have very little to do for the move. In most cases, you'll just need to set up your new Schwab Login ID and password.
Your move will be handled with the utmost precision and accuracy.
To date, we've moved 15 million accounts and $1.6 trillion in assets from TD Ameritrade to Schwab. All client cash and positions in every account were transferred to the penny. Plus, thinkorswim platform settings for 1 million users moved successfully.
What you love about trading at TD Ameritrade will be at Schwab.
Combining the strengths of both companies, Schwab Trading Powered by Ameritrade™ gives you the innovative tools, education, and resources you need to trade brilliantly. That includes:
- thinkorswim platforms, with all your tools, settings, and preferences intact
- Access to all of the investment products you have now, including equities, options, futures, and forex—plus new products and capabilities
- An expanding library of education crafted specifically for traders
- Plus, the Schwab Network™—our media affiliate—live streaming every market day with real-time news and insights*
Also, thanks to client feedback, we've added familiar features to Schwab.com and the Schwab Mobile app. You'll notice:
- Streaming quotes on underlying securities in the option chain
- Support for multi-leg options trading in SnapTicket®
- Increased availability of streaming quotes across multiple pages
We stand behind our word—with you front and center.
Putting clients first is in our DNA. When your account moves, you have our commitment that the schedule for online trading commissions and fees at Schwab will be the same or lower for all transactions. You'll also enjoy exceptional service, extensive wealth management solutions, ongoing trading innovation, the Schwab Satisfaction Guarantee and Schwab Security Guarantee, and more. For now, keep investing and trading with TD Ameritrade. Closer to your move date, we'll be in touch with details you need to know.
President, TD Ameritrade
Managing Director, Trading Services, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.