Your move from TD Ameritrade to Schwab.
Dear TD Ameritrade clients,
When Charles Schwab acquired TD Ameritrade in 2019, our aim was to create something special for clients of both firms—best-in-class strength and stability, a wider array of products and services available, industry-leading low costs, and a larger team of professionals with a shared passion for helping clients achieve their goals.
We're nearing the point where two great firms become one and TD Ameritrade clients become Schwab clients. We are honored to have the privilege to serve you, and we want to make sure you know what to expect with the transition and the benefits you'll receive as a Schwab client.
What to know about your move.
Please know that in most cases there will be very little for you to do, other than to set up new login credentials. We'll take care of the rest.
We plan to move your account in one of several groups beginning in 2023. To help avoid investing or trading disruptions, your transition will happen over a weekend. We'll let you know your transition date about three months before your move.
What you rely on is moving with you.
thinkorswim®, the award-winning trading platform, is here to stay, and will move to Schwab later in 2023. Your service teams and Financial Consultants will also be there to support you after the transition, and you'll continue to enjoy many of the features, tools, and education you've come to rely on with TD Ameritrade.
Plus, you can look forward to the low costs you're used to. In fact, by leveraging the combined strength of both companies, we'll be able to offer you even more pricing improvements.¹
What to know about the benefits you'll experience from being at Schwab.
They've already begun.
Today, TD Ameritrade clients already benefit. Since the acquisition, TD Ameritrade has significantly enhanced client service response times, lowered mutual fund transaction fees, eliminated some account service fees,¹ launched a Satisfaction Guarantee, and enabled access to some Schwab products not previously available at TD Ameritrade.
Once you transition to Schwab, you'll benefit from these commitments we make to you:
- Low pricing. Schwab has a long history of lowering the cost of investing for everyone. It is a defining part of who we are and why we're proud that today we make the lowest revenue per dollar of client assets of any publicly traded major investment firm. That commitment to low costs will continue. In fact, when you transition, you have our commitment that the fee schedule for online trading commissions and fees at Schwab will be the same or lower for all transactions.
- Exceptional service. We're committed to maintaining industry-leading response times from Schwab's experienced representatives, which will include the TD Ameritrade service teams and Financial Consultants who will be moving to Schwab with you, as well as specialists in all areas of investing and trading. Plus, you'll have access to more than 400 physical branches across the United States, London, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- World-class trading and investing experiences. Whether you use our industry-leading web, app, or thinkorswim suite of platforms, you can count on an innovative, easy-to-use experience with high-quality execution. Plus, you'll have comprehensive education and market insights for all types of traders and investors.
- A complete range of wealth management solutions. Count on a range of portfolio and wealth management solutions, from automated investing to comprehensive wealth management tailored to your unique needs.
- A firm that stands behind its word. Earning your trust is our highest ambition. We also know actions speak louder than words, which is why we back our words with both the Schwab Satisfaction and Security Guarantees.
In summary, you'll have much of what you loved at TD Ameritrade—combined with much more from Schwab.
Right now, there's nothing you need to do. Please keep pursuing your trading and investing goals using TD Ameritrade platforms and solutions. We'll provide updates and contact you about three months before your account transitions with all the information you'll need. Should you have any questions or want more details now, please visit our Client Information Hub.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your financial life. The employees at Schwab and TD Ameritrade are extremely proud of what we are building, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
Head of Investor Services