Schwab Trading Platforms
Trade the way you want on Schwab's desktop, web, and mobile platforms, including the entire thinkorswim® suite of platforms.
What to expect when your account moves to Schwab.
When your account transitions to Schwab, you'll no longer have access to trading on tdameritrade.com and TD Ameritrade Mobile—but you'll still have choices when it comes to the trading platforms you use. Once you move to Schwab, you'll have access to Schwab.com and the Schwab Mobile app, plus the entire thinkorswim suite of platforms (desktop, web, and mobile).
We know that any platform change can be an adjustment. You can use this page to find more information on what to expect from Schwab's platforms, get an overview of key differences, and see what's coming.
Compare trading experiences and see what's coming soon.
Schwab trading platforms at a glance.
Whether you use thinkorswim, Schwab.com, or the Schwab Mobile app, you'll find what you need to trade and manage your account.
Find the platform that's right for you.
thinkorswim desktop, a fully customizable software-based trading platform, provides access to elite trading tools that give you the power to test your strategies, develop new ideas, and execute even the most complex trades.
Learn more about thinkorswim desktop below.
Schwab.com offers comprehensive portfolio performance tools, fundamental research, trading, move money functionality, and more. Schwab.com also hosts account statements, confirmations, and tax documents.
You may want to consider thinkorswim web if you're looking for more charting and analysis tools, streaming data (including Level 2 quotes), and more robust customization. Options traders will also enjoy additional options trading tools and features.
The Schwab Mobile app helps you stay connected on the go with account information, market insights, trading, and move money functionality—all at your fingertips.
You may want to consider thinkorswim mobile if you're looking for streaming data (including Level 2 quotes), robust customization options, and more alert functionality. Options traders will also enjoy additional options trading tools and features.
Trading Platforms Chart
What you'll be able to trade on our platforms.
- Schwab Mobile app
- thinkorswim desktop
- thinkorswim web
- thinkorswim mobile app
Stocks & ETFs>Schwab.comSchwab Mobile appthinkorswim desktopthinkorswim webthinkorswim mobile app
Equity & index options>Schwab.comSchwab Mobile appthinkorswim desktopthinkorswim webthinkorswim mobile app
Mutual funds>Schwab.comSchwab Mobile appthinkorswim desktop->thinkorswim web->thinkorswim mobile app->
Money market funds>Schwab.comSchwab Mobile appthinkorswim desktop->thinkorswim web->thinkorswim mobile app->
Bonds>Schwab.comSchwab Mobile app->thinkorswim desktop->thinkorswim web->thinkorswim mobile app->
Schwab Stock Slices® (fractional shares)>Schwab.comSchwab Mobile appthinkorswim desktop->thinkorswim web->thinkorswim mobile app->
Futures*>Schwab.com->Schwab Mobile app->thinkorswim desktopthinkorswim webthinkorswim mobile app
Futures options*>Schwab.com->Schwab Mobile app->thinkorswim desktopthinkorswim webthinkorswim mobile app
Forex*>Schwab.com->Schwab Mobile app->thinkorswim desktopthinkorswim webthinkorswim mobile app
*Futures and Forex products are traded through Charles Schwab Futures and Forex LLC. Futures and forex products are expected to be available on the thinkorswim suite of platforms in 2024.
Trading on Schwab.com and the Schwab Mobile app.
Schwab.com and the Schwab Mobile app offer much of the same trading and investing functionality that you're used to at TD Ameritrade. We're also updating our platforms to include additional TD Ameritrade features.
And if you want more advanced platform features, the powerful thinkorswim trading experience you already know is now available at Schwab.
- Place trades directly from select Schwab.com pages using the SnapTicket feature.
- Access robust news and research, including Schwab Equity Ratings®.
- Numerous portfolio alerts help you stay on top of the markets. Please be aware that alerts established on tdameritrade.com and TD Ameritrade Mobile will not move with your account to Schwab. You'll need to establish new alerts after the account move.
- Set up options strategies with the click of a button using options chains.
- Help automate your risk management and profit-taking strategies with conditional orders and advanced orders.
Schwab's web and mobile trading
- Trade stocks, ETFs, options, mutual funds, fixed income, Schwab Stock Slices (fractional shares), and more.
- Multi-leg options strategies will be available to you, along with an enhanced Trade Builder.
- Access the Trade & Probability Calculator in the trade ticket.
- View streaming market data on trade tickets and watchlists.
Schwab Mobile app
schwab mobile app
- Download the Schwab Mobile app now and start using it on your first day at Schwab. Available for Android™, iPhone®, iPad®, and Apple Watch®.
- Trade stocks and ETFs from anywhere, plus options strategies, mutual funds, Schwab Stock Slices (fractional shares), and more.
- View streaming market data on trade tickets and watchlists.
Get to Know Schwab.com: Finding and Placing Trades.
We'll explore the trading experience at Schwab.com and show you how to trade equities, ETFs, mutual funds, options, and fixed income products.ON-DEMAND WEBCAST
Get to Know Schwab.com: Account Monitoring and Service.
Learn how to find your historical account information, monitor your positions and performance, and perform common account management tasks on Schwab.com.ON-DEMAND WEBCAST
Get to Know Schwab Mobile.
Learn how to manage your accounts, take care of tasks, place trades, and more from wherever you go with the Schwab Mobile app.LIVE WEBCAST
Get to Know Schwab.com.
Join us and bring your questions as we explore how to research the market, screen for stocks, and execute your strategies.
Trading on the thinkorswim suite of platforms.
Already a thinkorswim user? Great news, thinkorswim is now available at Schwab. You can continue to trade on thinkorswim desktop, web, and mobile when your account moves to Schwab. Your thinkorswim settings and alerts will move over automatically. Plus, expect continued innovation and support on thinkorswim.
New to thinkorswim? The thinkorswim trading platforms offer a range of experiences to support a wide array of trader needs. Prefer web or mobile trading? thinkorswim web and thinkorswim mobile are more streamlined versions of the thinkorswim platform and offer additional trading functionality beyond what's available on Schwab.com and the Schwab Mobile app, such as:
- More charting and analysis tools
- Streaming data, including Level 2 quotes
- Robust customization options
If you want a more powerful trading experience with access to elite trading tools and capabilities, then consider thinkorswim desktop.
Here's more of what you can expect from trading on thinkorswim at Schwab.
More about thinkorswim at Schwab.
- Keep trading on your existing desktop version—no new download needed.
- You'll be able to continue to use thinkorswim desktop on both Windows and Mac computers.
- You'll still have access to leading third-party research, although you'll see some differences in research report providers.
- Watchlists will feature new enhancements, such as the ability to view available shares to short and the hard-to-borrow rate.
- Fixed income, mutual funds, and Schwab Stock Slices (fractional shares) will be view only, same as at TD Ameritrade. You can trade these products on Schwab.com and the Schwab Mobile app.
- Expect the same look and feel you're already familiar with.
- Enjoy continued access through trade.thinkorswim.com, plus an easy-access link on Schwab.com.
- You'll be able to continue to use thinkorswim web on both Windows and Mac computers.
There's nothing to download or install—enjoy a smooth and seamless mobile experience on your current app for Android™ or iOS®.
Look forward to a simpler money transfer process with a newly redesigned cash transfers feature.